Oliver + S

Size to make?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Hi. Bought the new measuring tape. Measured the tape thief, now I don’t know what size. Harrumph.

Chest 21

Waist 23

Hips 22

Height 39.

Clearly a 4 in length, but what size? She has narrow shoulders. Still fits a hopscotch 2 in shoulders. But not length.

Is the fitted waist band on the waist (where her slightly distended belly is?)

Or is it more empire/ rib cage?

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I would make a 2t with 4 length and use liesl’s tutorial for toddler belly. The pattern looks like the band starts at empire and goes to natural waist. You could also add all the length to the skirt so that the yoke and band sit a little higher but the skirt portion can flare over her tummy. Modify can be a pain but the end result of a fitting garment is so worth it!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I probably will lengthen in the skirt. The pleats can ride over the belly. She has a really long torso. So shifting the waist up, so to speak, will give her perhaps a more standard proportion.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.