Oliver + S

sewing with kids: creative bug

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Hey everyone, a quick question for you: S and I are going to be filming a sewing project workshop with creativebug in a few weeks, and I’m trying to decide what we should make! Any suggestions or ideas? We have a few ideas, but I know you’re a creative lot and will have ideas to add to our list. I’m interested in hearing what you’d like to sew with your kids and/or what would inspire you (and them!) to sew.

LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

Mine just asked yesterday to do embroidery/cross-stitch so maybe something like that?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I love embroidery for kids! Have you watched Rebecca Ringquist’s sampler class yet? S and I watched it a few weeks ago and LOVED it. Great for kids and adults. S is obsessed with french knots.

If we’re focusing on using the machine, is there anything you’d like to see there?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I’m trying to think of something kids can really use — like a bag or soft box with pockets for many treasures — but then again something magical like a dress-up costume (cape? eyepatch? different kinds of ears to stick on a headband? different masks?) might be fun. Play food from felt?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Different kinds of pockets they could add to existing clothes? Hm. I’ll go to the source and ask when I pick her up from school.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Anything for make-believe play, like princess and prince crowns, capes and so on. I think little stuffed toys would be much fun as well.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Something real they can wear, either for dress ups or for regular wear.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Well, mine says she would like to make clothes for her dog, Donkey. (It is, in fact, a red toy donkey.) I have a feeling this is a result of having ready Crafty Chloe about 18 times yesterday.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.