Oliver + S

Sewing Maternity Clothes

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Oh that is me too. I never lost the weight with the last baby-who is almost 2. So I am really hopeing to not gain much weight this time around!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

You know, I don’t think breastfeeding has anything to do with it. I think those women are just then kind who loose it fast regardless. I was always RAVENEOUS breastfeeding in the early months. Plus, my body definatley needs a certain amount of fat to make milk. My trouble this 3rd time around is that early on – despite having suffered the most painful long lasting oversupply case imaginable with #1 – is that my supply suffered if I lost even 5 pounds. Then, with two older kids in school, I got sick. All. The. Time. And I just don’t have the energy for counting calories or saying “no” to myself at the end of a long day. Oh well. My body has done some amazing things, so I find it hard to be hard on myself. I’ll be skinny again one day. But I do miss that big belly and the huge boobs.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I understand where you are coming from Meleliza – energy does play a very important role. I think as women we need to be kind to ourselves and allow ourselves the time to recover. I mean we go through the ordeal of growing a baby and giving birth (no matter the method) and then on top of that we are dealing with sleepless nights (which don’t help weight loss) and other family factors.

This whole losing weight when breast feeding thing in my book is a lie – I could never do it and I was a bit like you in the sense that I had to eat!! It only helps to tighten up the uterus again.

Love the oversupply of milk with the first one. I still crack up laughing at the images of my two fountains going wild!

The important thing is do it when you feel able to commit! Some women are just so driven – a neighbour of mine after her fourth went out and bought a treadmill and started this ludicrous regime of running on this thing at 5am! The baby was five months old! I could NEVER do that!

Maybe give the pantry an overhaul and have healthy snacks on hand to help you get started. Go for a walk every day and drink lots of water and then when you feel ready to make a bigger commitment you can do so but keeping in mind you are already half there anyhow!

LINK
    rastis @rastis

i was one of those crazy exercising women first time around… i was convinced i could get all the weight off after the 6 week mark… ha! naive i was… the exercising really affected my milk supply and i had to give it up… i wasn’t going to do it at the expense of my baby…

this time around i’ve just accepted the weight will hang around until i finish breastfeeding… i just keep reminding myself that my body just made the most precious baby girl… and the weight will come off soon enough 🙂

LINK

Oh my I was lied about the loseing weight thing too while breatfeeding! I breastfeed all four babies of mine and had a hard time losing with any of them due to I was always hungry because of the breastfeeding. I did lose 70 pounds after my third son but to only gain a lot of it back while pregnet with my last baby girl. I just faced the fact that babies will make a mama gain weight quicker than anything,lol!

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

I just put my Maternity Portfolio top up in the Lisette Flickr group. The modifications were really easy to do, and I think I have enough room to make it to the end! (And at the very least, it will be one of those tops that does have enough length to cover until the end.) If I had to do it again, I might use some shirring elastic thread on the top gathers every 1/2″ or so, just to cinch things in a little tighter. After all, it’s the one time of my life that the “girls” get some notice, so I might as well take advantage!

http://flic.kr/p/aZkrAc

LINK

I finaly finished my top!! It didn’t ake no time to sew, I don’t know why it took me so long to start it. I love the way it came out too! I used a lighter weight fabric so the gathers were no problem at all. I see a whole wardrobe coming soon…Thanks ladies!

Sharon

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mama_knowles03/6875268353/in/pool-sewlisette

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mama_knowles03/6875268357/in/pool-sewlisette/

LINK
    Emily @Emily

Sharon, that’s lovely! We’re trying for #2 now, and I’ve been following this thread with interest. I’ll be curious to see how the rest of the clothes turn out.

(You look radiant, by the way.)

LINK

Thank you! I am going to cut out another porfolio top tonight in light weight white fabric for summer and next two dresses, one being the passport-I am hoiping to be able to alter this one just as easy!-. I am so excited about it!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.