Oliver + S

Sewing Expo Puyallup, WA?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    Violaisabelle @Violaisabelle

I am wondering if any of the ladies here will be attending Sew Expo http://www.sewexpo.com/ Next week?

I am taking my youngest daughter (just turned 9 years old) and we are flying down. We are excited to be heading down there.

I was introduced to the Oliver + S patterns while I was there last year. 🙂

Carol

LINK
    Lizabeth @Lizabeth

I’ll be there! Don’t you enjoy expo??

send me a message and let me know what days you will be here! I’d love to meet you 🙂

Heather Lizabeth

LINK

Heather,

I’m trying to figure out how to send you a message! 😛 I click on your name and it takes me to a site, but I’m not sure if that site is still functioning. Could you please tell me how to message you? 🙂

I greatly appreciate expo! I will be there EVERY DAY! 🙂 I arrive on the Tues. and start my first class on the Wed. for 1/2 a day. I take full advantage of the classes offered there. This will be my 5th Expo. 🙂 Were you there last year for the Pink & Red Charity event? If so, we were the ‘historical group’ up on stage. You can see us on the expo blog here: http://sewingandstitcheryexpo.blogspot.com/2011/01/nancy-ziemans-blog.html

Do you know of the Wed. evening supper?

Carol

LINK
    Lizabeth @Lizabeth

Yes, the site does work, just click ‘contact us’ in the upper right corner… but even easier, here is my e-addy: orders at handcraftsbyheather dot com Just take out the word ‘at’ and use the symbol, and take out ‘dot’ and use a period.

OOh 5 days!! wow. I did three days last year and it took it out of me!

Yep, I have seen mention of the yahoo group dinner; never have gotten involved in that. something to consider–thanks for mentioning it.

Did you have any troubles with the on-line registration?

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Oh my! I need to figure out all of these crafty things they have up here in the PNW!! I wish I knew about this a few weeks ago! I’d totally be there!

LINK

mommy2maria, it’s not too late to go if you are interested. Until this Friday, they are taking on line registration, waiving the $4 fee. They have added more classes, even though many have sold out. If you are able to even go for one afternoon just to take it all in, I would encourage you to do so. Many wonderful teachers from around the US and Canada teach at this event. A wealth of information in a great place! 🙂

Heather, thank you for the tip. I have just sent you an email….I hope I did it correctly. In answer to your question, yes! I had difficulty with the on-line registration. It was a disaster for me and at least 6 other people. Was that ever a learning curve for them. I almost canceled the trip, due to mishandling of the registration. Thankfully, most of it worked out and I am booked with reservations to head down there on Tuesday. 🙂

I look forward to meeting you.

Carol

LINK
    violetvata @violetvata

I’m going with a friend on Thursday for shopping only (we both still have little ones so can only go one day!) and the last two years it;s taken me all of eight hours to just see all the shops….word of warning, bring cash to control spending!! Very much looking forward to seeing the new lisette pattern, thanks for the info….would also be happy to know more about them before i go! Also going to spy around for some older oliver + s patterns that are hard to find and some fabrics for things from the new book! Does anyone know if the new lisette patterns will go to stores like joann….. not to be cheapskate, but I;d love to have them ALL!!

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Carol, oh that sounds fantastic, though right now we’re in the middle of buying a house, and I’m a stay at home mom & Dh is working weird hours, so it’s kind of hard to just get away for a few hours and we’re trying to conserve $$ (which I *KNOW* I would want to buy some things…so it’s just better not to follow temptation 🙂 )

But I’m totally there next year!

LINK

Jessica, you are probably wise to stay away, unless you can attend and leave the wallet at home. 😉 I too am a stay at home mum and have been for 25 years. I am in a season where I can do more learning and sewing, though I do teach my children at home, so I don’t have tons of time.

Put it on the radar for next year. It’s always at the end of Feb. or first week of March. Maybe next year Liesl will attend the show. 😉 😉 😉

Enjoy your new home and putting it altogether!!!

Carol

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Good to know! I love how crafty everyone is up here! Lots of sewing/knitting stuff to do! We just moved up here in October, so I’m still learning when all the big pow-wows are! I’ll add it to my calendar for next year!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.