Oliver + S

Sewing a zip front tracksuit top

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

My threenager is all about zip front jersey hooded tops. She also loves pink, and anything soft. I now accept that I’m better sewing her things she likes and will wear, as opposed to what I like. I’ve seen some cerise stretch velour which she would LOVE and would be very cosy for winter. In an attempt to get her to wear anything other than leggings I thought I’d make her some nature walk pants out of it. It then struck me that she would go nuts for one of those hideous ‘Juicy’ style tracksuits which were all the rage amongst z list celebs in the UK about ten years ago. Does anyone have any recommendations for a zip front hooded top that I could also make out of velour? Or an idea for a pattern hack which could work?

Thank you!

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I suppose I could use the naturewalk top and forgo the hood?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Would the new Lisette athletic pattern be too big for her? I think the jacket would work well in a knit: https://oliverands.com/lisette-patterns/OLV-B6386.html

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi
    LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Maybe the Zonen09 Ole. Comes with button up or a zip variation (free download add-on).
    English – digital OLE

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

I have separately made the FT Raglan into both a zip-up front jacket and a pullover hoodie (using the hood from the School Days jacket) – I think it would probably be fairly straightforward to do them both together.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Enbee.
    LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

Photos

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.