Oliver + S

Serger Thread

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    janimal @janimal

Some time ago, someone posted a recommendation for a certain kind of Serger thread that they use. I searched but can’t find that original post.

I decided to get the Brother 1034D Serger. My local dealer doesn’t carry it — they of course wanted me to buy a more expensive model — but I told them that’s the one I wanted so I could either have then order it for me or I could buy it from Amazon! So they ordered it for me. I’ve read people say they thread theirs once and never change the color – so I’d really appreciate advice from those with experience about which thread to buy and leave threaded in my new machine!

Thanks!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

My memory may be fooling me, but didn’t Nicole suggest using a clear thread of some kind?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hello Lovely ladies!

That would be Serafil by Amman , if you google it you will find some sources.

I hope I didn’t offend you Janimal, with my ‘Not Happy Jan’, its an Aussie thing, a bit like ”That will be the phone Reg”!

LINK
    janimal @janimal

Nicole, I thought that “Not happy Jan” was HILARIOUS! Next time I meet an Aussie I’ll be sure to tell em NOT HAPPY JAN!

Thanks for the info on Serafil. I couldn’t remember what it was called. That’s it!

Cheers – Happy New Year!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Excellent, I like a good sport !

Happy New Year!

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

When cover stitching the Hopscotch tops in the City Weekend interlock I wanted to use a matching color thread for the hem and cuffs instead of the white cone thread that I serge with. My top two threads of the colored Coats and Clark polyester would break. I took my serger into my local shop and they showed me how that brand of thread does not stretch. They said when sewing stretch you need to use a thread that stretches. They still have my serger and are trying different threads. Nicole can you tell me more about the clear thread and its application on interlock fabric? I did use clear thread once to free motion a quilt square and I found it was very fine.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I just got up to the baby ! Good timing!

My sewing machine servicer recommended it to me, it is very fine but quite strong and it looks cream on the real but is in fact translucent. I purchased a dark lot as well but have not used it yet(but would if I was cover stitching navy, I think)

It is called Serafil and produced by AMANN OR AMMAN, I think the former.

I use it for all my overlocking needs, it is springy and I use nets over the spools. I also had to adjust my overlocker tension slightly, but the way it blends is amazing.

I will keep using it.

I hope this is some help!

xn

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

I bumped this thread to the front

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.