Oliver + S

school days vest – button placement

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    sallycsklarsky @sallycsklarsky

Has anyone had issues with the buttons on the coat catching on clothing? I mean the buttons used to hold the insulated vest to the coat.

If my daughter wears it without the vest, won’t the buttons be exposed to her clothes, catching on her sweaters? I’m considering swapping the elastic and button locations. I know the elastic won’t be as ‘clean’ looking in the coat as my clear little buttons, but it might make a big difference in wearability.

Help! I’ve got a gorgeous coral melton wool coat ready or winter, except for the vest 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have not made the vest, but I have not heard anyone else complain or mention it.

Coral melton sounds dreamy.

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

I made Audrey’s with the vest, and we haven’t had any problems wearing it without (I’ve made it to wear when we move to Washington, but the vest hasn’t been necessary here in Canberra). The buttons I used are little red hearts, so they are a feature even when the vest isn’t in.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’ve made a few of these with the vests and never had trouble with the buttons when the vest isn’t attached. Use a low profile button not a shank button and you’ll be fine.

Keep the leftovers from cutting out your quilted vest cause they make perfect oven mitts!

http://bartacksandsingletrack.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/oven-mitts-from-armholes.html?m=1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.