Oliver + S

Satisfaction!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

I felt very pleased this afternoon – Will split his sandbox shorts I made him (the ones with the echino leg) about 2 weeks ago and they had sat in my sewing room waiting to be mended. I finally summoned up the courage to attempt to mend them this afternoon (- did a pretty good job of it, I have to say!)

Anyway, that’s not why I feel happy/satified – when Will came home and I told him that I had mended them, he immediately took off the shorts he was wearing and put his handmade ones on! Sometimes I’m not really sure how much my kids like the things I make, but this showed me that at least one of them loves his shorts!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Oh, Justine that’s wonderful! What a great feeling!

LINK
    Anonymous @

Yea!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Excellent!

LINK
    Noodles @Noodles

It’s wonderful isn’t? I was so happy (if not a little embarrassed) when my 4yr old son had a near tantrum in Spotlight because he ‘REALLY WANTED A SHIRT MADE FROM THIS MATERIAL MUM!!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!’ hehehhe Seeing as he has previously refused to wear most of the clothes I had made him. Now he asks when his shorts and clothes have finished washing so he can wear them again.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

hehehehe – Will got up and got dressed in…his shorts again this morning! I cut him out another pair yesterday – think I’d better go and get sewing!

It is a wonderful feeling – particularly since Will is not a very demonstrative child (going through a 6 yr old boy stage :()

LINK
    freyiris @freyiris

Justine when you make something as cool as those echino shorts – these are the panther ones right? – it’s not surprising he can’t wait to put them on. I love those shorts!

And that feeling of satisfaction is the perfect reward for all the time and effort you put in making them.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Yes – the panther shorts! Thanks Sharon – it’s always good to know others think they’re cool! (nice to hear from you too!)

I’m so glad that the split was in the black leg or I don’t think I could have mended them. With Will, it’s definately action over word!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.