Oliver + S

sailboat skirt

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    yellow_blue @yellow_blue

Hello all,

I want to make longer the sailboat skirt pattern (size 3) to increase its length by about 1 or 1.5″. Has anybody tried this? Not sure which part of the skirt to do it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Asmita

LINK
    sarahb @sarahb

I just did this as well too. πŸ™‚ I made the size 6 and just added 1.5″ to the bottom. I don’t have any pictures of it up yet– I made it for my small 8yo as a school uniform piece.

LINK
    yellow_blue @yellow_blue

Ah, we seem to be doing the same things, or wanting to do the same things πŸ™‚ So quick question–in that case do you move down the back vent (the one that comes at the centre of the skirt in the back) by 1.5″ as well, otherwise it would be a awfully long vent right?

Would love to see photos!!

LINK
    sarahb @sarahb

I let it just be a long vent. πŸ™‚ Since it is for school I wanted the coverage but wanted her to still be able to run around easily. I washed it yesterday, so I’ll get a photo today to share.

LINK
    yellow_blue @yellow_blue

Looking forward to the photos! Ok I think that makes sense; I just want a skirt that doesn’t get too short to too quickly because it will be too cold to wear otherwise. Thanks again!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I made it with a long vent too.

Works perfectly!

~Nicole~

LINK
    sarahb @sarahb

I finally got the photos taken and uploaded. Revolving door of sickies here! http://www.flickr.com/photos/_sarah_b_/7888881128/in/photostream

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.