Oliver + S

Sleepover Pyjamas question about sewing the facing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    It's me Sophie @Itsmesophie

Im making the 6-12 months Sleepover Pyjamas and I’ve sewn the first part of the facing (step 1). Step 2 says to understitch the neckline section and I’m a little confused. I’ve ironed the seam allowance away from the neck so am I just stitching the main fabric? Sorry if this doesn’t make sense. It’s hard to explain.

I should add I’m not dong the ruffle. The diagram shows the ruffle version so perhaps it’s not relevant to me???

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Yes, you’ll stitch just the main panel to the seam allowance. It won’t show on the outside, but will on the inside. It’s to help the seam lie flat.

If it’s still confusing you could skip this step as it’s not crucial to construction.

good luck they’re great pyjamas

LINK

Thank you, that makes sense. They are gorgeous pjs. As soon as I’ve finished these I have a pair to make for DS1 for PJ day at kinder so the pressure is on.

As an aside I’ve been going through your pics on Flickr. You are so talented. I love the designs and fabric choices too.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Thank you, what a lovely thing to say.

LINK

You’re welcome. 🙂

Finished. I’ve put some pics on the Flickr group. None with my son in them as he’s teething and in a foul mood. I’m pretty happy. It’s the first project on my new machine and first ever buttons and buttonholes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97711862@N03/9589215420/in/pool-oliverands

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97711862@N03/9589215718/in/pool-694451@N21/

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Just had a look at the pj’s, Sophie. They are just gorgeous!! As N says, the link to Flickr is a great idea.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.