Oliver + S

Puppet Theatre – Beware Canvas Dropcloths

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I bought a canvas dropcloth from the local hardware store that was almost twice the required size (yes, I briefly thought I could make two puppet theatres!) and was pleased with myself as it seemed a cheap way to get a huge piece of cloth…..

but no.

The dropcloth was pieced from about 5 smaller bits and had ugly seams all over it and no one piece was big enough for the theatre background. It also had a great big stencilled logo on a corner which was not visible from the outside packaging.

Luckily spotlight had a sale and I bought some cotton canvas. Now if only I was inclined to do some painting I’ve got a dropcloth….

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Oh, I’m so sorry! I bought several at Home Depot and they were quite nice, so there must be different types/brands? I wish I still had the packaging so I could tell you what it was!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

This is good to know! I plan on making one of these very soon for the kids for Christmas.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

We own quite a few canvas dropcloths and they’re all in once piece. They all came from home depot or Lowe’s. You can get them with or without a plastic paint proof backing, though, and you probably don’t want that for the puppet theater.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.