Oliver + S

Problem with pocket lining and front panel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    melissa @melissa

I am just starting this project. I cut out all pattern pieces for a size small. When I align the curves of pocket linings with the curves of the front panel, there is about an inch of fabric left above the pockets on the front panel. (Please see picture). If I align the top of the pocket linings with the top of the front panel, the curves don’t match. What should I do?

LINK
    melissa @melissa

Trying again to upload photo

Attachments:
    LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Ok, first are you sure you’ve got the right sizes cut out and printed to the correct scale?

LINK
    melissa @melissa

Yes.

LINK
    melissa @melissa

I actually bought the pattern at a fabric store.

LINK
    melissa @melissa

Should I just trim the excess so it’s level with the other piece? I’d like to move forward with this project and I don’t know what to do. I was extremely careful with cutting the pattern to size. I am a beginning sewer.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Can you check your pattern pieces again? I’m lining them up perfectly (see attached image), so I’m not understanding how you’re having this problem.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.