Oliver + S

problem printing outside the margins

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    mariasasse @mariasasse

I am not able to print a corner of the pants. It is page 33, where a bit is outside the margins. I live in Europe and A4paper is narrower. Does anyone have a tip on how I can solve this?

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Which size? I’ve only printed the large but haven’t put it together yet.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I print to A4-papers too and on the larger sizes I get the same thing happening on page 36 with the back trouser piece. It’s only the very edge of the size 10 and 12 that is missing and the lines are fairly straight there so I could probably just extend the lines I have and get it to match up. Especially since I can see in the PDF what it’s supposed to look like and approximate it.

Not sure if it refers to the smaller sizes …

LINK
    mariasasse @mariasasse

I have the smaller range of sizes. I guess I could draw the lines, but I was kind of expecting the pattern to be perfect… and I really thought it was me, but it is outside the grid lines. Maybe is a little thing that can be fixed. Thank you for your responses.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Hi Mariasse, sorry for the late reply but very busy day. I live in metric-land too and found the paper sizes didn’t work exactly as they should.

Here’s a link to a thread where I figured it out using A4paper but telling the printer it was “letter” size.

https://oliverands.com/forums/topic.php?id=1515&page=4

Hope that helps

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Hi everyone,

I’m sorry about the issue with A4. I thought that we could squeeze that into A4 margin tolerances (unfortunately, we can’t test A4 here in the States…), but I guess not. These do print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper.

Later this morning, I will generate a new PDF file that adds some pages but brings these bits back into the grid for those of you who use A4.

Once the file is created, I will generate new download codes and will send them to anyone who has ordered who lives outside the US or Canada. (People in the US and Canada will experience no issues with this.) You’ll be able to print just the pages for the pants pieces if you like.

Todd

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I got the e-mail yesterday and downloaded the file. The new layout will work perfectly now. Thank you so much, Todd for updating it!

LINK
    mariasasse @mariasasse

LightningMcStitch: Many thanks for your willingness to help, I appreciate it very much.

Todd: Thank you very much for solving this so quickly!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.