Oliver + S

Popover pictures taken while sewing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    janimal @janimal

I am a novice when it comes to sewing garments. The Lazy Days skirt was the first pattern I have ever followed! I graduated from there to the Popover Dress and admit I was a bit confused along the way, but thanks to the awesome instructions I now have three pretty Popover dresses in my daughter’s closet. I took pictures as I sewed the second one, with the hope that they would encourage someone else who hasn’t tried following a pattern before to give this simple adorable dress a shot. You can see my pictures here: http://delilahsmomma.blogspot.com/2010/04/popover-dress-tutorial-sew-along.html

Thanks for the awesome free patterns that have given me the confidence to keep sewing and following patterns. I bought the pajamas pattern to try next and am looking forward to being able to tackle more complicated patterns as I improve my skills.

(To anyone who visit my blog and sees my pics, I welcome any advice to improve my techniques. Thanks!)

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

If you have the foresight to take pictures to help others learn – you are on your way to becoming a great seamstress. When I commented on your dress in the flickr group a week or so ago I had no idea you were a beginner – your work was LOVELY!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.