Oliver + S

Pockets

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Cellisttoo @Cellisttoo

I love the pocket flaps, but it would be even cooler to have REAL pockets underneath them (especially for the school uniforms I am making). Anyone ever done this? Would I use welt pockets???

On an unrelated note, if anyone is ever in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, check out SR Harris fabrics. I have never seen anything like it! Picked up some black washable wool for $7.99 per yard already “pre-shrunk” it (didn’t budge) to use for next year’s jumpers (pinafores). They also had polar fleece for $7.99 per yard, and miles and miles of other fabrics. Amazing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Z0BaSU8dE You go through the warehouse, pick up what you want and cut it yourself, if it is under 5 yards.

LINK
    jax @capnjax

You could make welt pockets or patch pockets. I think our depends on the look you are going for.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

You could even do the welt pockets under the flap and topstitch the outline so that it looks fake but is actually real. The downside is that the lovely welt pockets aren’t seen. But it certainly is an idea to include proper ones.

LINK
    NanaMar @NanaMar

How about pockets in the side seams? I think the flap pocket position is too small and too high for useful pockets.

LINK
    Cellisttoo @Cellisttoo

I think that is a good point- I was just thinking that since the flaps were there I could make pockets too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.