Oliver + S

Petite Men Patterns

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Tara @4dfamily98

Hi~

I wonder if any of you have ideas for me. I am sewing for two petite men and am really coming up short when i look for patterns for them. I just spent many hours trying to make a thread theory pattern work. Sadly after 3-4 revisions my son tried on the pair of shorts that I had finished, they looked really nice off, and they looked funky. Something is going on with the hips curve of the Jedidiah pattern. The sizing is fine it is the style or something.

Has anyone found a nice pattern for pants for petite men? I would love it the pattern came with size 28 but size 30 would work. @Liesl do you have any plans for men’s pants? I see that you have a button down, which is awesome. I have been spoiled by your clear and simple way of writing out directions. I pull from your tutorials all the time, when I sew other people’s patterns.

Thanks for any ideas.

LINK
    Tara @4dfamily98

In case anyone else is looking I found a pattern on Jalie. I love the metro shirt package here at Olive and S and am looking forward to making those into hoodies for my crew for Christmas.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m glad you found one! At this point we don’t have plans to release more men’s patterns, but if the existing patterns sell well I’ll be happy to entertain any suggestions. We need to be able to justify the cost and time to develop a pattern, and men’s/boy’s patterns just don’t sell very well. We do them occasionally anyway, but I think men’s trousers would be difficult to sell, unfortunately.

LINK
    Tara @4dfamily98

@liesl, thanks for your response. It makes sense what you are saying and am glad that you do make a few anyway. Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.