Oliver + S

Pattern Review

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Is anyone a member of this web site? I sort of knew about it before, but have recently been using it a lot more as I have started to sew for myself. It seems like there is a lot of information on it, but the interface is a bit clunky and hard to navigate. I am sure I can get more out of it; right now I just read the pattern reviews (and buy patterns).

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes I am one of those freebie members. I logged on ages ago and last weekend in my frustration over bust adjustments I got on there again. I ended up reading reviews and looking at patterns but like you I haven’t really delved deeper. It seems interesting though.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I became a member when I was seriously looking for a new sewing machine last year and wanted to read reviews and also for a jacket I made last year so I could read the reviews before I made the major changes I made. I also try and respond on the message boards if I feel I have a contribution. And yes it can be hard to find the info you’re looking for on the site 🙁

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I am. I joined for free at first, but then became a paying member. I agree that it’s not a pretty site and it can be awkward to navigate. However, I find the pattern reviews and the message boards to be really useful. I’ve gotten all kinds of great help and information there. I think it’s totally worthwhile. I try to help out in the message boards when I can too.

LINK
    brenda1652 @brenda1652

I too use that site quite a bit. I am not a paying member but still find what I need despite the poor site design. I also researched the reviews when I was shopping for my sewing/embroidery machine, determining that the Janome 9500 ( or the Sears “New Home” label of the same) was the one for me. I was able to obtain it new in the unopened box via eBay for a total of $800 (with shipping, about half the normal retail price) when the 9700 (colorized window) was released. Had I not been able to get the reviews I would not risk such a purchase on eBay since it is a a bit harder to obtain service agreements going that route (and the machine is truly is the reliable workhorse the reviews indicated it would be if you don’t mind seeing a black and white screen, not an issue for me.). They also review thread choices, interfacing and stabilizers, and everything else you may need.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.