Oliver + S

Pattern pieces for larger sizes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    LittleKatie @LittleKatie

I have just finished my first School Days for my youngest daughter and loved it, such a great pattern. I am due to be starting one for my eldest daughter and have a paper copy of the pattern for the larger sizes. I rough cut the pattern pieces and when I went to cut the fabric I noticed that the centre hood piece I had was only labelled up for sizes 4, 6 and 8. I need size 5 so have I mislaid the correct piece? I didn’t trace them but I don’t remember discarding anything. Thanks.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hi Katie.

I am sorry for the delay in answering. I am sure many of the lovely girls who are part of the forum would love to help but are not sure of the protocol regarding sharing patterns.

If you can’t find the missing piece I am sure looking at the size 4&6 you would be able to jiggle something.

I will look at mine when I get home and may be able to give the measurements to size up the 4.

Good luck

~Nicole~

LINK
    bren5kids @bren5kids

I don’t have that pattern so I can’t go check, but could it be that size 5 and 7 are on another piece? Sometimes multi-sized pattern pieces are staggered like that to prevent so many overlapping size lines. I know that there are other O&S patterns I’ve used that were like that.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

That is very likely to be the case; the yoke pieces for the Playsuit are labelled 3-6 mths, and 12-18 mths, and then 6-12 mths and 18-24 mths. I’ve very nearly made tracing mistakes, and now I peer very closely at all the pattern pieces to see which pieces belong to what sizes.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Bren5kids has it right. On this pattern sheet, there are two copies of piece 8. One is for the sizes you mention; the other is for sizes 5 and 7.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Todd, if a fellow Oliver + S devotee had inadvertently thrown out part of their paper pattern, would it be ok for one of us to mail them a trace of the missing pattern piece?

Shelley

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

In a pinch, you could probably create the piece by drawing one in between the 4 and 6 sizes you have.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Shelley, if that happens, we might be better positioned to help out since we have digital versions of pattern pieces available. Emailing information@oliverands.com is always a good way to get help with issues like this.

LINK
    LittleKatie @LittleKatie

Thank you everyone, I drafted it myself, very nervewracking, but it worked and I’m all done!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.