Oliver + S

Pattern Piece 3

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Natalie @gnat

I am making this pattern in a size 4. The pocket pattern (piece number 3) in my digital pattern is a bit askew. The lengths of the vertical sides differ by about 1/8″ (on both the individual pattern page and on the composite pattern sheet). Is this a design feature? If not, is there a pattern revision available?
    Thank you,
    Natalie

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by Natalie.
    LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Hi Natalie, sorry for the late reply, I’ve been trying to find a moment to pull out my pattern.
    I have the paper printed pattern and you’re absolutely right, the pocket pattern pieces for both views A&B are 1/8th of an inch longer on one side. (Size doesn’t matter for the pocket pattern pieces)
    I certainly didn’t notice that when I sewed the pattern as a tester and I’m impressed with your cutting and sewing precision that you did.
    Practically, it won’t make a discernible difference, do I can’t imagine it is a design element, but @liesl might like to comment.
    If you’re matching plaid or stripes then I’d use the seam allowances to correct the minor differences and have it look straight as I eyeball it.
    Hope you’ve already enjoyed the rest of the sewing.
    Shelley

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

It could just be that the pattern piece didn’t digitize perfectly symmetrically and we didn’t catch it. Sorry about that. I’d suggest that you just fold it in half and trim it to be symmetrical. I’ll check the file and issue a correction when I get a chance.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.