Oliver + S

Pattern Models

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

So, I was perusing old childhood photos of Whitney Houston on the internet today and came across this and had to share with fellow Stitchery Friends:

Which now has me wondering if there are any other pattern models that have gone on to become [even more] famous? I would assume there are – but I’m drawing a blank. I wonder if she is featured on any other pattern covers?

Of course, this begs the question – I wonder which of our present-day patterns have individuals featured that we will look back on with an “Ohmygoodness!!!” exclamation?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Simplicity works with one of the premier modelling agencies for its shoots, and I know that our Lisette model also works runway for Fashion Week. So I would imagine that with a little digging you’ll find all sorts of famous people!

LINK
    Aviatrix51 @Aviatrix51

Uma Thurman modeled for Classic Elite yarns back in the 80’s. I have several knitted sweater pattern leaflets with her as the model.

They just blogged about this, iirc.

http://blog.classiceliteyarns.com/

Kate

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.