Oliver + S

Parachute polo in all knit?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I am getting ready to sew my first polo top and want to sew it all in knit and was wondering if anyone has tried this yet? It looks like it would work to me but not sure if I should dive into the good fabric yet?

Sharon~

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

I haven’t made an all knit one yet, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Just be careful that the collar and placket don’t stretch too much and distort.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’ve made one all in knit @mama_knowles it worked well. My collar topstitching wasn’t the neatest 🙂 but it’s ok.
    It’s being worn right now and I’ll try and get it photographed today to go on my blog….

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I think Liesl said it could be made all in knit.

LINK

Here’s mine Sharon @mama_knowles
    https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/79480359@N03/20191754384/ with link to more pics on the blog.

LINK

Yours looks awesome Shelley @lightningmcstitch!! I just finished mine up in the wee hours of the morning, I still need to get the pants sewn up. I really love this shirt in all knit.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Gosh! I thought I was being clever making mine in the same print woven and knit but this takes the cake!

I just have a question, what sort of knit did you use?

LINK

@justsewit Tamara mine was a relatively thick, stable blend knit. Not as thick as a Ponte. No curling like a cotton lycra, so probably a poly blend. It has a slightly brushed surface and is lovely to wear. It’s the same fabric I’m wearing in the V neck tutorial post.
    I’d say it should work in most knits but not really slinky viscose jerseys!

LINK

I used Art Gallery knit for mine, it has the weight to it as Liesl knit she had a few years ago. Nice and sturdy and sews very well. I will post pictures later of mine.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

@justsewit What line did you find matching knit and woven?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I was using city weekend interlock and the cotton of the same design (pink spots). Unfortunately interlock and I do not get on and the machine thought it would be nice as lunch when doing a buttonhole! I think I will just use up the rest of the interlock (of which there is quite a bit) as leggings or something.

LINK

All the Art Gallery Knits have matching woven as well. I really hope Liesl has another Moda knit line though.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I need to try other knits. Unfortunately, even though the prints are wonderful, I was just not a fan of the interlock. I am having another go with the top though, this time using a tried and true knit I have in the stash and will go with white and a coloured collar. They will be short sleeved as the heat is turning up.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Is art gallery an interlock, pique, or jersey type?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.