Oliver + S

Overalls from the pattern?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    sosew @sosew

I’m trying to figure out a good pattern to start with to make something like these

http://store.mabokids.com/product/frankie-overall-shorts

Although maybe the art museum would be better?

Any thoughts on the front bib? Looks like something made of two pieces stitched right side together on 3 sides and turned and then attached to short fronts in the same way a bodice is attached to the front of a dress? Or am I way off?

Thanks for any tips!

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

I have made overalls by just extending and reshaping the button-front panel on the sailboat pants, and a jumper by doing so with the skirt. These look like they might be a lot wider in the waist than the leg tho!

LINK
    sosew @sosew

Oh what a good idea! So basically lengthening the button pannel? But with the same facing at the edgie? Do you have any pictures to share?

Thanks!!

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

i think this is the one? I added a piped waistband so I could extend it into a snap-tab, and 5 pockets because she loves pockets.
    floral overalls
    detail
    urgh I miss my flickr. sorry to clutter your thread with multiple posts.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Reeni.
    LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

I had to go far back for this one… I put box pleats in the front because I wanted it a little more full instead of a slit in the back but the basic thing is the sailboat skirt.
    corduroy jumper

LINK
    sosew @sosew

thank you so much for tracking those down for me!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I love the idea of using the Sailboat pants/skirt to make overalls!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

@Reeni I waved my moderator wand and took out your duplicate/empty posts. Thanks for sharing your pics.

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

thank you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.