Oliver + S

O+S patterns are good for baby?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I am due with my third child (gender unknown) in late February. I have a strong feeling it is a boy … but I also thought both my daughters were boys. I’d love to sew something tiny for the new one but a) I’m finding most of the patterns I own start at 6-12 months and b) I’m wondering how practical most of these things are for a baby. Has anyone used any of these patterns to sew baby things?

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Maybe try the tea party romper? as this could work for a boy or girl. The original 4 patterns (swingset, teaparty, bubble dress, puppet show) come in smaller sizes than the 6-12m.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Oh, I’d forgotten about that one. MamaKnowles did have a sweet one I wanted to copy 🙂

LINK
    lucegirlsart @lucegirlsart

I made the Tea Party dress in the smallest size (birth – 3 months) for my preemie daughter when she was 3 months old. At that point she had just started wearing carters size 3 month clothes, and this jumper was tight around her chest. She was a tiny tiny girl then, so I’d make a size up and just shorten either the jumper length or take some of the length off the romper. I made it in a bigger size about 5 months later and it fit about the same… skinny and long.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

For my baby boy I love tea party play suit, Sail boat pattern and after school pants. The after school top is still too big for him but the pants run a bit skinner. With the hem in the bottoms makes a cute cuff for younger wear. (he’s 3 months old right now.) He is long and skinny so the sail boat pattern fits him well too. I love the sketchbook pattern too but it is still a bit big on him. For all his bottoms I am putting in the buttonhole elastic so I can longer wear out of them. (thanks aroundtheworldgirl!)

For Sweet pea I used the bubble dress, tea party, and jump rope patterns a lot but she was tall one too.

~Sharon~

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.