Oliver + S

O+S Mashup to create this shirt?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • LINK
    KellyNYC @KellyNYC

I’m nuts over this shirt (that I just purchased on sale yesterday – still, ouch).

http://www.jacadi.us/VAD/children-s-clothing/shirts-blouses/liberty-print-blouse/p:2:1:7:244619.htm?from=r&position=1

But I think it could be easily recreated using a few different O+S patterns. Any suggestions? I figured I could slim and shorten the Music Box Jumper View A skirt for the pleated portion of the shirt, but I’m stumped by the yoke. The yoke looks like a combo of Class picnic and 2+2 maybe? Or maybe it’s just Music Box Jumper with sleeves (and shortened to a shirt).

**If this is not kosher, please remove.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

2+2 placed further on the fold to remove the extra and then the Music Box pinny sounds perfect.

Gorgeous!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

The yoke looks like a basic top with set in sleeves. I agree with Nicole’s analysis.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Such a pretty shirt, I don’t blame you for wanting to do your own version.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

That shirt is beautiful.

Then I saw this dress and left drool drops on my computer. This is the music box dress with sleeves- to die for. I have been considering adding sleeves, but not that style. I like it.

http://www.jacadi.us/VAD/ProductPage.html?StoreID=2&MarqueID=1&LangueID=7&Reco=Push—Back-UP&produitId=244622&from=r&position=2

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

$99 would buy a heck of a lot of Liberty! What’s the back of the shirt like? Does it just tie with the little straps?

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Cybele, I too melted when I saw that gorgeous frock that you provided a link for – just so elegant!! Looks like the bodice is quite a bit longer than Music Box, however. I love to know how to make those sleeves, and as far as I can tell, it closes at the back like Ice Cream. Kelly, the shirt is to die for; I’d have bought it too!!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Oh yes. The bodice is definitely longer, but that seems an easy job. I wish I knew the name of the sleeve type, b/c I am sure that you can find a how to on the internet.

The opening in the back yes, very ice cream. But the Music Box would definitely be the base for those alterations.

LINK

What do you want to know about the sleeves? They look like long sleeves with a couple of tucks/pleats in the bottom with a turn over hem (although a bias bound hem might look good/be easier with the tucks).

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Sorry. Meant the sleeves on the dress!! 🙂

LINK

Ah, yes, now I understand. I would probably call it a cap sleeve, maybe a lengthened cap sleeve?

LINK

I think this tutorial shows some of what you want. It looks pretty easy, work out how far down the sleeve cap you want your cap sleeve’s, cut it off, add seam allowance, attach sleeve.

http://blog.shopwiksten.com/2008/05/how-to-make-gathered-cap-sleeve.html

this seems to be a pattern with the same type of sleeve, there is a line drawing and a made dress.

http://tessuti.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/pattern-review-cap-sleeve-shift-dress.html

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

I checked my patterns tonight, and the dress sleeves remind me of those in the Bubble Dress – maybe a lttle longer but definitely a cap sleeve. It sticks out so nicely because of the fabric used.

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

Kelly, I have been making all sorts of blouses lately. I have looked at that style at Jacardi several times and thought about modifying the Music Box pattern to make it. I was thinking about lengthening the bodice and setting in long sleeves from the Music Class blouse pattern. This blouse would also look cute with a Peter Pan collar. I also looked at the dress. I think the wool Fairy Tale dress that is on Flicker is really cute.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

That is a lovely top. I would do it as Nicole suggests. I might also cut the back on the fold and make a simple keyhole opening in the back bound with bias. The sleeves are simply gathered up a little into a bias cuff. Very sweet. I’m putting this project on my list too. Jcrew also has some lovely Liberty things for girls. I think it was more of a peasant style dress. Easy to copy for sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.