Oliver + S

Organizing BBD Patterns

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Kathy McI @kjmcinerny

I just purchased the BBD book and am wondering how others organize their master pattern, sizes, and alterations.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Hi Kathy @kjmcinerny , sorry for the late reply.
    I tend to trace all my patterns, including the BBD block on thin interfacing (known as Trace and Toile, and similar to Swedish tracing paper).
    Then I store each pattern tracing in a clear plastic sleeve in a ring binder.
    I have all my ring binders labelled with which patterns are in them and it’s all alphabetically sorted (yep, seriously 🙂 )
    Now that might seem daft as I only have one daughter, so patterns are outgrown before they’re made for the second time, but it’s oh so handy when I need to whip something up for a smaller kid’s birthday.
    I have one folder, which is rather bursting at the seams which is my mash-ups and heavily altered patterns folder, and that’s were I keep my BBD blocks.
    Have fun with the book!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2018. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.