Oliver + S

Oliver + S Patterns are such a bargain

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

I’ve always bought commercial patterns for $1-$2 each (would only buy when on sale), so coughing up $16 for an Oliver + S pattern was pretty painful for me. I just finished sewing my first Jump Rope Dress and I have to say that these patterns are a bargain!! I got the adorable pattern, of course, but I also got a sewing lesson! I learned lots today and it was really fun. I didn’t even mind sewing the skirt to the bodice for the 3rd time in a row (don’t ask – LOL) because I enjoyed the pattern so much. Thanks, Liesl, for your fabulous instructions!!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

You’re sweet! I’m really glad you like them, and it’s wonderful to hear feedback like this. Thanks very much!

LINK
    avashmava @avashmava

I know this post is old, but I’m new to Oliver+S and I appreciate these remarks. I, too, usually only spend a couple of bucks on patterns. I am now trying to branch out and really make my time spent sewing worthwhile! It’s no fun to spend all that time sewing and end up with mediocre results. It’s nice to hear the patterns are really worth the price.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

The other great part is that the lines are so clean and classic that I think the designs will age very well. I’m making an effort to keep everything in good condition so I can pass these on to my daughter and hopefully (one day) a grandchild.

LINK
    Anonymous @

I know you won’t regret purchasing and O+S pattern, avashmava. Over a year later and I still feel the same way about them. The finished garments are so nicely made and definitely worth handing down.

LINK
    sadies closet @sadies closet

I have to agree Sarvi and Sandi. I used to buy cheap patterns but they lack the finishing details and often look “homemade.” It works out okay if you have the know how to put in those details yourself. What I appreciate about Oliver and S is that Liesl includes those details so that anyone can have a nicely finished garment and even those of us who have sewn for a long time learn something new. Her fit and structure is also an education and the principles can be universally applied. When I think what I spent on all those college courses to learn pattern making and design the $15. per pattern seems a bargain! (Not meant to belittle my professors in any way, as their knowledge and insight was worth the tuition and I still appreciate all that they taught me. It is just great to have an economical way to continue that education as I still have so much to learn.)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.