Oliver + S

not sure which size to buy…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

From the measurements given, my daughter seems to be in between a size 4 and a size 5. In other O+S patterns I’ve made her a size 5 (the jump rope dress) or a size 4 (puppet show dress and playdate dress) but those don’t require as much trimness in the torso as the fairytale dress… from commercial dresses she seems to have size 4 shoulders but a size 5 ribcage/diaphragm area or something? I can’t really afford to get both size brackets of the same pattern, should I get the smaller and adjust upward or the larger and adjust downward? TIA!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I have not yet made it but I would suggest buying the larger one — it strikes me as easier to take in than let out, and of course it would be a shame to only get one or two dresses out of the pattern. Buy the larger size and you can use it for a few more years without having to fiddle with major alterations.

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

you’re so right, I imagine that there will be several years’ worth of different variations of fairytale dresses for my daughter.

LINK
    Tassiemum @Tassiemum

My daughter is size 5 in most O+S patterns but I had to use size 7 for the bodice and take in the sides a little so it quite a slim fitting pattern. I would recommend buying the bigger size.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.