Oliver + S

No Tie Scarf problem….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’m up to Attach The Scarf Front and Back Step 3

The instructions say: “unpin the loop’s seam allowances and start turning the scarf wrong side out through one end.”

But it already is wrong side out. ?huh

I know I’ve already made one other mistake that was entirely my own fault, but I’m guessing this must be a typo as I’ve only just sewn the scarf with right sides facing, hence it must already be wrong side out. I’ll plug on and see what happens….

LINK

Ok, sorted.

One needs to turn it right side out after sewing the long side seams, in order to then start turning it wrong side out to sew the loops seam allowances.

Just missing one instruction to turn it RIGHT side out between the drawing which very nicely shows it wrong side out and the instruction immediately below says to start turning it wrong side out.

Clear as mud?!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I think I may have had a similar issue. I just put the right sides of the scarf pieces together with the loop pieces touching on the inside. I think I should have turned the loop pieces so they were on the wrong side of the scarf pieces and then sewn the main pieces right side together. I might throw this one and start again as I am only using scraps!

LINK

For anyone else who gets baffled by turning something inside out when it already is inside out…

Heidi went on and made a Flickr photoset to illustrate the scarf construction

https://www.flickr.com/photos/73669617@N07/sets/72157643430221995/

And I have made one into a pencil which is on the Oliver + S blog with some photo illustrations for the tricky turning bit.

https://oliverands.com/blog/2014/09/customizing-the-no-tie-scarf-pencil-scarf.html

If you’ve come here cause you were stuck I hope that helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.