Oliver + S

my first placket!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    loguethompson.katy @loguethompson.katy

I am so confused about attaching the placket, specifically in step 4 “cover the stitching line with the placket’s folded edge.” As of right now, my seam is on the outside. Does that make sense? Is this right? And then I trim it to 1/4″? I don’t think I’m supposed to fold the placket back on itself, right? If anyone understands what I’m saying and can help me out of this that would be much appreciated.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I am not good at explaining things but here goes, as of right now the right side of your placket should be facing the wrong side of your front bodice. You are goint to press the placket with the seam allowance that you just sewn faceing away form the bodice. Then trim the seam allownace to 1/4″. Then the folded the placket that is already in half should be placed(this side of your placket should already be pressed under a 1/2″) over the seam allowance meeting the stitch line. The seam allowance should be tucked inside the placket at this point. Pretty much you are taking the placket and folding it up onto the front bodice. Now pin place and stitch. Hope this helps some!

LINK
    loguethompson.katy @loguethompson.katy

Yes! I understand. I had stitched the “pocket” closed. Thanks so much! I’m making this dress for my daughter’s first birthday. I’m so appreciative of your help (and quick response)!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.