Oliver + S

moving dart Fira top

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Donna Douglas @donnaD

hello,

I made a muslin with your Fira top pattern and noticed I need to lower the bust dart about 2 inches. I normally cut a box shape around the dart and lower it the amount needed. It seems on this pattern that if I do that it will also lower the armhole also. How to I lower the dart without affecting the armhole? Regards,Donna

LINK
    Amy MacKay @AmyBeth

I had to do the same adjustment. I drew the box around the dart as if I was going to cut it out and move it, but instead then took an extra price of paper and traced the box and dart, and then moved that down to become my new dart.

LINK
    Donna Douglas @donnaD

thank you for the advice. I’m still having trouble. I moved the dart down but how to you fix the side seam? Not sure where to blend the lines. see pic below. thx

LINK
    Donna Douglas @donnaD

Well, I think I figured it out? My first pic I cut a box out of the dart perpendicular to CF. I saw another tutorial where they cut a box around the dart at a angle. Side seam much smoother now, will try another muslin.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I wrote a blog post about this which should help to clarify:

how to raise or lower a dart

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.