Oliver + S

Measuring waist length elastic- tips anyone??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

HI All,

I searched the forums and couldn’t find anything easily.

How do you measure waist elastic. I have read some directions that say measure waist and add 2. Then overlap the 2 extra inches to sew securely.

I have read other directions that say, measure waist cut that measurement, and over lap by an inch or two to sew securely.

I am finding that the former is too loose (and I have had to cut and resew which becomes bulky and messy) and the latter I have yet to try.

I was just wondering if anyone has any great tips. Assume medium elasticity and 1/2″ or 3/4″ elastic, as that is the main waist band width! 🙂

LINK
    Jane @jesims

I use the waist measurement subtracted by 1 and then over lap the elastic by an inch. This seems to work well for us.

Jane

http://www.NotSewPlain.blogspot.com

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Thanks. 🙂

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

So, I did as you suggested and still too big. But then I realized I measure around the waist but she wears under her chubby Buddha belly which is a good 3 inches smaller!

Problem solved!!! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.