Oliver + S

Measurements listed on Packaging

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

I’m sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn’t see it when I searched.

How do you determine which measurements are listed on the packaging? For example, I was comparing the Bedtime Story Pajamas Measurements (uses Finished Measurements) to the Sleepover Pajamas (which uses Body Measurements)?

Or are they all pretty standardized now, and I’m just not noticing since I’m comparing an older pattern with a new one?

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

I think that the older patterns have the body measurements on the instruction sheet instead of on the outside of it. When I grabbed a few of the patterns I have, the 2+2 and the Sandbox have the body measurements on the inside while the Family Reunion has them listed on the outside of the envelope. But the sizing is still exactly the same other than the fact that the FRD goes up to a 12 while the 2+2 and Sandbox only go up to an 8.

Hope that helps!

Cindy

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Thanks for reminding me! I didn’t have them both right in front of me, I was going off the information from the website! I’ll check my patterns now!

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Yes, that’s right. Early on we decided to replace the finished measurements that were printed on the pattern envelope with the body size measurements chart. The thinking was that information would actually be more useful for someone who was looking at the envelope in the store. We moved the finished measurements chart inside. That’s the way all patterns are printed now. But if you have copies of early Oliver + S patterns you’ll find it done the other way. The sizing, however, is the same.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.