Oliver + S

material for sandbox pattern pants

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    yellow_blue @yellow_blue

I have a fabric question for making sandbox pattern pants. Has anyone used linen for these and if so how did it work out? I am relatively new to sewing, and haven’t really made clothes from linen before. Will this be harder/ easier about the same in terms of difficulty? Any thoughts or words of advice please>

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Depending on the weight of the linen (I wouldn’t use something like hanky weight), it should work about the same. I imagine they’ll feel really nice in linen. You’ll want to be certain you finish all your seam allowances though so you don’t have a lot of fraying. Please post in the flickr pool when you’ve finished!

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Several popped up in the flickr group when I searched for ‘linen pants’. I think it will work great!

Oliver + S sandbox pants

http://www.flickr.com/photos/normavalentine/5432156398/

LINK
    yellow_blue @yellow_blue

Thank you Maraya -I hadn’t thought of the weight issue and was actually considering sewing with some lighter linen (not hanky weight exactly but lighter than what I can make pants out of), so maybe I’ll try the pants in heavier weight. I loved both the pictures whose link you sent Beachmom. Love the look, and now I am definitely making one. Thanks again!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

I’ve used linen to make Sandbox pants – they are no more difficult to sew and they look great when finished! Happy sewing 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.