Oliver + S

Markings For Buttons

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Rpankow @excytin

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been working on the blouse and cannot for the life of me figure out where on the pattern the button hole and button markings are on the pattern templates. I’ve been working on a size 3T. Am I just missing something? I see them on the long sleeve templates but not on the front plackets. Please help me, that’s all I have left. Thanks!!

Oh my goodness, I just found the information I needed, that’s what I get for having my very curious daughter around me while I sew. Thanks again everybody. I love the forum posts, I learn so much!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

As a general principle, do you mark the spot for a button in the middle of the buttonhole, or at the edge? I sewed on some buttons in the middle and it occurs to me that when the pants are worn, the button will get pulled over to the edge and the pants may get to be too loose.

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Hi Sarvi

I have noticed that on O&S patterns the button X on the buttonhole slit is usually not central so I think you are right that the presumption is that the button will often get pulled over so that the shank of the button is against the edge of the button hole.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Thank you, I wasn’t sure about that. I didn’t use the markings because I wasn’t sure what buttons I would use and it seemed easier to do the buttonholes last.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.