Oliver + S

lovely insides

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • LINK
    Profile photo of Ock Du SpockOck Du Spock @Ock Du Spock

Gosh it’s been a while since I’ve been over here on the forums! I couldn’t remember my name or my password… Apparently I’m good to go again now!
    I’m wondering if anyone can point me in the the right direction. I seem to recall there being a page (perhaps on the O + S blog) about finishing the birthday party dress hem facing with a beautiful picture of the inside facings? Now I can’t seem to find it?
    Am I mistaken, or does anyone know where this page might be? I feel like I’m losing my mind?

LINK
    Profile photo of BrittneyBrittney @georgeandizzy

Are you looking for a blog post? I recall Sarvi’s gorgeous shot of her insides on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemoglobinhummingbird/6790680223/in/photostream/

LINK

Those are some very pretty insides on Sarvi’s dress (gorgeous dress too Sarvi), but it’s not what I was thinking of. I think I am going mad!

LINK

Thanks Brittney for taking the time to look- I really appreciate it 🙂

LINK
    Profile photo of Lightning McStitchLightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I was about to nominate myself here : http://bartacksandsingletrack.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/first-birthdays.html?m=1 but that’s bias binding on the bodice facing. I don’t think I did anything special on the hem facing…

LINK

Gorgeous dress Shelley! love the binding you did on bodice… beautiful!

I think the page I’m thinking of was actually on the O + S blog though… It was a pictorial version of how to attach the hem facing (or something like that)? It was somehow related to the puppet show hem facing, which I think is attached in a similar way?

Was there a post like that on the O + S blog that anyone else can remember?

LINK

The reason I’m asking, is I’ve just spent hours hand sewing the insides into a puppet show and I’m wondering now if there was another nice way to do it? I have some faint memory of the blog post…

Ahh, it’s all sewn in now, but would love to find it again for next time!

LINK

I’m probably mis-remembering it, which would explain the confusion! Perhaps it wasn’t the birthday dress but another one. I used to have quite a good memory before children….

LINK
    Profile photo of GreenpipGreenpip @Greenpip

Was it this one on the tea party:

hem facing

Or perhaps try April’s blog. I seem to remember her doing some posts on beautiful insides!

LINK

Thank you Greenpip! That’s a great tutorial. Might be what I am confusing it with.

LINK
    Profile photo of SarviSarvi @Sarvi

There was a blog post I recall about the birthday party dress, but I believe it had to do with how you construct the bodice lining (because you fold and crease it, then unfold it to stitch it). I don’t recall there being anything about the hem but let me have a peep and see if I can find it.

LINK

Aha, what I was thinking of was not a blog post after all:

Totally confused – Attaching the Facing

LINK

Oh Sarvi!!! You legend. That is exactly what I was thinking of!! Thank you thank you for finding it. And big thanks to all you ladies for looking for me. I am so pleased I am not going mad (well maybe just a little mad 🙂
    I am going to bookmark all those pages you ladies left for me. They are most useful. Thank you so much!

LINK

Oh yay! Glad it turned up!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2016. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.