Oliver + S

Lining 2 + 2 short sleeve

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    sews4kla @sews4kla

Some tines I fnd that lining a peice can be quicker than using a facing or a binding. Lining the short sleeve of the 2 + 2 tunic is pretty easy. Just cut an extra sleeve set from another fabric – which could be a lighter weight or a contrast fabric, etc. It sews up clean and neat. You could even insert piping or ric rack for a cute edege treatment. Using ric rack in between the sleeve and lining gives a saw tooth effect. I don’t usually use a lot of piping (or ric rack) but it would look cute around the sleeves, the patch on the front and at the neck line next to the binding/ties.

LINK
    Lizabeth @Lizabeth

Great idea!

Here is another: if you cut your fashion fabric sleeve short by say a 1/2″ and your lining sleeve long by say 1″ then sew these together right sides together with a 1/4″ seam, your lining sleeve piece will create a 3/4″ decorative band when the lining piece is flipped so wrong sides of the sleeve pieces are together and the fashion sleeve cap and lining sleeve cap edges are matched; just iron the fold in the lining piece that creates the end of the sleeve before setting the sleeve to the bodice.

LINK
    sews4kla @sews4kla

Lizabeth, thank you for decorative band idea. That sounds like (roughly) the methoud used to make a banded ruffle. I was thinking to use that idea on the hem of a straight A-line skirt or bottom edge of a full skirt. Using this technique on a slightly curved edge hadn’t occured to me. But it sounds great and I’m trying it on my next 2+2 tunic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.