Oliver + S

Lengthening the pants?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    ilovebeam @ilovebeam

My little guy is either a 6-12 months or 12-18 months in the waist and hips but needs a 2T in the length. I have lengthened the Sandbox pants in the past but they just had the solid front piece and solid back piece. With the front of the leg being made of 3 panels, do I still just pick a center point and add all the length there? I don’t want the panels to look out of proportion. Do I need to redraw all 3 pieces combining the correct width and lengths to make a custom pattern? Thanks for any advice!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have not made this pattern *yet* but i frequently lengthen trousers for my skinny minny Lidia.

When drafting a pattern for her I trace the size 5 width and then the size 8 length on each separate piece.

So if it was me I would add length to each panel.

If you do that it should be fine.

I hope someone else can help who has actually made these groovy little trousers.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Jane @jesims

I have made a pair of these for my 13 y/o son for part of his Halloween costume. He’s so skinny he required an 8 in the waist but needed length added. I did exactly as Nicole suggested and added some length equally to each piece. Unfortunately I don’t have any good photos of the pants. I made them in a black twill and just could not get them to photograph well at all. 🙁

Jane

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

I added 2″ to the field trip pants, 1″ in the bottom panels and 1″ in the top panels just above the cargo pocket placement mark, leaving the knee as is. I like to trace the pattern and then cut, spread, and tape the tracing.

LINK
    ilovebeam @ilovebeam

Thank you ladies – I’ll start tracing tonight!

LINK
    ilovebeam @ilovebeam

Just wanted to thank you all again. I ended up tracing each piece using the 12-18 month width and the 2T length. I finally finished sewing today and I’m so excited – the pants fit so well!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.