Oliver + S

Length of pattern pieces cannot match

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Wendy Kwang @neferkare

Hi
    I am using size 12 for this blouse and have shortened by 1” equally for all pieces of the pattern. When I match up the notches to check the length of the pieces, I found that there is a difference. I have attached a photo here circling the length difference. May I know what I did wrong? I have checked that I have cut the right size 12 for all pieces.

LINK
    Wendy Kwang @neferkare

Thanks and I am attaching another pic to give overall view. Thanks!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Lining up the raw edges flat like that doesn’t represent what happens when you stitch. What you need to look at is the stitching lines.
    With a 1/2″ seam allowance you should overlap those pattern pieces so there’s 1″ of double pattern.
    Does that make the edges meet properly?
    It’s a slightly curved seam, so there’ll be a little bit of angle change at the hem line, but not a step like this.
    Place these pattern pieces right side together and pin along the 2/2″ stitching line and see if you still have an issue.
    Good luck, it’s a lovely blouse!

LINK
    Wendy Kwang @neferkare

Hi Lightning,
    Thank you very much for your comment and suggestions. I will try it and hopefully all turns out ok! 😊

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.