Oliver + S

Length of bias pattern piece for size 2T bloomers?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

You are so kind Mel! Mine is 14 inches so I think I must have a later reprint that has had the excess taken off. I didn’t sew last night as I had to wash a week’s worth of 5 people’s clothes!! I am REALLY looking forward to getting onto these tonight so youre timing is PERFECT!

Nicole it was so much fun you have to do it one year (start saving now though!!!), although I can’t pretend it was relaxing! Getting 5 people out of the house in snow gear was almost a military operation – “gloves – check, goggles – check”.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I can imagine ! I was actually thinking just Husband and me . One day……

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

T888, may I call you Miranda ?

x Nicole

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Of course Nicole – my silly member name was the name of my first sewing machine!! Sigh, having sewing conundrums about a strange fabric combo I have chosen for the puppet dress – thinking of changing half way through. I had a friend over today who confirmed I had perhaps stepped over the line between “interesting” and “wrong”. Looks like I might be making another dress to use up all the pieces I have already prepped and put darts in!!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Would you post it and let me give you my opinion Miranda? I am very honest !

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I’d love to see what you’ve chosen as well, if you don’t mind. I’m having some choice issues myself. I’ve read through the pattern over and over now, but can’t decide on fabrics! Gah!

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Definitely – that would be great – I will take photos tomorrow in some decent light!

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Okay so here is the very strange choice I made a few weeks ago when I was feeling a bit radical. Now I think it misses the mark – the colours are wrong although I still really like the idea of the very contrasting styles of fabric. I think they need to have more common colours – neither the greens nor the browns in them match each other and I think at least if they did it would probably get over the line. So if I am making them into two separates what should I combine each of them with??

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toyota888/4953380653/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toyota888/4953972898/in/photostream/

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I had a look , and a quick squize at your other sewing.

Go for it , I think you will like it when it is done.

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

So – on the advice of the man of the house…

On advice from the mister...

Better?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Very pretty !

Are you guys okay with the flooding?

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

No water in our place yet – but it sure is coming down! Wishing I hadn’t hung a whole lot of laundry out though – I didn’t quite connect the dots between the weather warnings and my domestic plans!! Thanks for asking Nicole – it seems rare in this country that we get the RIGHT amount of water doesn’t it?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

At least we didn’t get an earthquake like the poor Kiwi’s !

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.