Oliver + S

Late Lunch Tunic – short sleeves?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Frances Suzanne @Frances Suzanne

So, we have had this pattern in our ‘stash’ for quite awhile, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to delve into sewing for ourselves {gulp}. Well, the perfect opportunity has arisen. . .capris with no matching blouse. However, we are about to be in the midst of a HOT summer in the South. I adore the styling of the 3/4 length sleeves, but am wondering how it would look with short sleeves, and how to go about ‘making it happen’ the correct way.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

It is a good question. The sleeve is kimono style and on a bias of sorts.

I think I would shorten by measuring from the sleeve cuff back, taking equal amounts from the sleeve front and the sleeve back. I would suggest leaving then sleeve a little longer then you anticipate too. You can always cut more off.

The hem on this sleeve behaves a little differently too, possibly the bias? I like to pre press it before sewing the underarm seam. A narrow double hem works best.

I hope this is a little help?

LINK
    Frances Suzanne @Frances Suzanne

Thanks so much for your help, Nicole! I am still floundering between the Late Lunch Tunic and the Cappuccino Tunic (ugh, decisions, decisions). . .THANK YOU!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I think your fabric choice is the key to that decision.
    Both sew up beautifully in a draping fabric (wool, silk) but I think the Late Lunch is a bee’s whisker more flattering in a firmer woven (linen, chambray)

I wonder if the collar doesn’t look a bit snappier in a woven too.

Just my opinion, of course.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.