Oliver + S

Janome MC 7000 or 7500

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

My local sewing macine dealer had a second hand Janome Memory craft 7000 (with manual) and a Janome Memory Craft 7500 (no manual). I ws wondering if anyone had any experinece with these machines. I think they are top of the line late 80’s models, made in Japan, heaps of decorative stitches, complete with feet. But I can’t find much about them to know if it’s a good buy or not.

They also went under the brand name of New Home instead of Janome in the USA according to google.

Any info/advice appreciated.

LINK
    MimmySews @MimmySews

You didn’t say how much the dealer was asking. In their day, these were top of the line machines. If they have been maintained, they should still sew well. My dealer still uses them in the classroom, particularly in her children’s classes. I’m not sure, but I think they were some of the early computerized models. I would ask if the machine was a trade in by a customer known to the dealer, and if the dealer had performed regular maintenance. I would take a properly maintained used Janome over an inexpensive out of the box machine from a big box store. Finally, ask if you can sew on it. Take in a number of different types of fabric and sew!! Whether it is a “good deal” is dependent on the price and the how well the machine was maintained, and whether you like sewing on it!!! Also ask if the dealer is willing to put a 30 day warranty on it.

Yes Janome used to go by “New Home” in the United States. They also make models for many other manufacturers.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Heidi, f you decide to buy, take the one with the manual! Especially if it’s an older machine, finding a manual now might be almost impossible. I refer to my Janome’s manual fairly often – but then I’m that sort of ‘needlewoman’. Good luck with your research. Be interested to know how you get on.

Fiona

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

http://content.janome.com/fusetalk/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=13&threadid=5489

Looks like a gal there might have a copy she’s willing to share?

LINK
    MimmySews @MimmySews

Heidi, one more thing. Some parts (like the main board) may be obsolete. Ask your dealer about parts accessibility. : )

Nancy

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Thanks for some feed back. They want a bit under $300ea for them. I realise they are an older machine, but it would allow me to get some features I would like now as the top end models are just so far out of reach. Needlewoman, thanks for the reminder about the manual, i have an older basic machine and still refer to the maual. Mimmy, its good to hear that the dealer is still using them, because if they weren’t good I imagine the dealer would have changed them over.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.