Oliver + S

is there a sleeve that fits well on the birthday party dress?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    krisherber @krisherber

I own just about every single oliver+s pattern… can someone tell me what sleeve will work the best with the birthday party dress? short sleeve preferred.. thanks for any suggestions!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

When a pattern is drafted to be sleeveless, the shoulder will be narrowerer and the armhole more inward, so just attaching a sleeve won’t work so well.

But, it’s easy. Trace the Birthday party dress in the size you want then lay the bodice tracings over another pattern and redraw the shoulder/armhole area. Now you have the “pattern X” armhole in the Birthday Party bodice and therefore, the “pattern X” sleeve will fit perfectly.

This will work for those patterns that have a simple shoulder seams. The ones that come to mind which WON’T suit are Sailboat, Book Report etc – those with an unusual shoulder seam.

Have fun with it.

LINK
    krisherber @krisherber

Thank you very much… I did not think of the shoulder/armhole not being drafted the same… eeekkkk…. I will see what I can come up with… you are so full of knowledge! thanks!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Full of trial and error and past failures, 🙂 but your compliment is gratefully received.
    Shelley

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.