Oliver + S

I'm confused about sewing the bento box handles.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    sewinginthecity @sewinginthecity

Has anyone tried this one yet? My questions:

1. Do you cut out the handle holes in Fabrics A and B, or only in the interfacing, before sewing them together?

2. If I cut the hole out in the interfacing only, then do I sew right on the edge of the interfacing? Is that what is meant by using it as a stitching guide? I think this would be the only way the plastic template would fit, since the hole in pattern piece 3b is exactly the same size as the hole in 3c.

3. Is it hard to sew through the plastic template?

Thanks in advance.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Very quick answers to your questions:

1. Cut the holes just from the interfacing to begin with.

2. Yes, stitch right on the edge of the interfacing–it’s easier than trying to trace the line onto your fabric, I think.

3. No, you shouldn’t have any trouble stitching through the template plastic. Assuming it’s regular template plastic and not something really thick. Test a little piece, stitching very slowly just in case, if you’re worried.

I hope you have fun with it! I’ve only seen a few of them finished so far, so show us some photos when you’re finished, ok?

LINK
    sewinginthecity @sewinginthecity

Thanks for the answers, Liesl. I just finished and I loved the result. The hardest part for me ended up being sewing the bias tape on because I usually don’t have to worry about how both sides look. I’ll post pics as soon as I can.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.