Oliver + S

Ideas for using patches?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Can any of you clever folks help me think of a fun use for patches? We visited our local science center, which has a fun space exploration exhibit, and I got lured in by the great patches and bought several, like so:

http://www.spacepatchdatabase.com/sites/default/files/apollo-17-ab-3.JPG

The obvious uses would be on a flight style jacket or astronaut costume. What’s something a little different? They’re great looking patches, embroidered and not just printed. I’d like to find some kind of cool way of using them but it’s just not coming to me.

Any thoughts?

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

How big are they? if you sewed them together (maybe with a strip of canvas or denim to back) they would make a cool strap for a bag or overalls, or on a work apron.
    or you could put them on a pilot’s cap.

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

What about on the LTTS messenger bag?

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I my grungetastic youth it was quite the vogue to have an old army khaki green messenger bag with patches sewn on it so I’m with Brittney. I also think the explorer best with patches would be very cool.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by dubhels2003. Reason: typo
    LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

These are all great ideas, thank you! I think the patches are too big for a strap for a child (they’re about the size of my palm) but I bet if I made a messenger bag for my husband they’d work great for that.

And yes, a vest or messenger bag would be spot on, and could be used both as part of a costume and as part of more regular gear.

Thanks! I’ll pop up a photo on flickr when I get a minute.

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

I’ve been thinking of finding some patches to use on the back yoke of buttondown shirts for K. What about heavy a denim shirt shirt that can be worn like a light jacket with patches on it?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Aww, that would be cute?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.