Oliver + S

Ice cream pop phone case

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    misspham @misspham

Hi I am new to sewing and just for my sewing machine for my birthday. Anywho I purchased the ice cream pop pattern digital in attempt to finish before Christmas. I am kind of confused. For the pattern should trace the shapes onto fabric? Or buy tissue paper to print on if printing on tissue paper is possible? Then for the two stitch long oval shape that is in the middle how do I do that? I am a complete newbie and been trying to figure it out but just need some guidance 🙁

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Hello, there are lots of different ways to cut out patterns.

You can certainly trace your pieces and then cut them out. Your pieces will be really accurate that way.

One of the easiest ways to transfer stitching lines is to take a needle and poke holes into the stitching line. Then take a water soluble pen and mark the dots.

I like to trace the original pattern pieces onto freezer paper. You can iron the paper onto your fabric and cut around that. This way your not damaging your original pattern when you poke holes into it. But you’re using a digital pattern so you can print the pieces as many times as you like.

If you ask 6 different sewers how to do something, you’ll get 7 different answers!

Have fun. This is a cute pattern to make up.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Can you print off the pattern onto regular computer paper, cut it out and pin it onto the fabric and cut it out?

LINK
    misspham @misspham

@ Heidi, Yes, I did that. Now I am stuck on the batting part.

@ Robin Thank you Robin. Starting to understand it a bit better.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.