Oliver + S

I am new to Oliver + S and I am a junky

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Hi,

This feels like an AA meeting introduction.

My name is Jennifer and I am becoming an addict.

For years I drooled over Oliver and S patterns. But never bought one because they were only available via the internet. I like to pull out directions and read them first.

I have recently returned to sewing after a 20 year hiatus. I have to relearn skills, like the zipper and learn how to use the serger my friend gave me.

I am a bit obsessive and compulsive. I used to do hand embroidery and the backs were as neat as the fronts.

I finally bought the music box dress, and then the ice cream social dress. I am absolutely in love, love, love with the small details in the finishing of the garment.

I happened upon this website and forum and blog and my addiction was solidified. I mean, here are like minded sew-ers who positively support, help, and inspire each other. I don’t sew in a vacuum and all of you and the Flickr group inspire me to sew (and spend) more. Everyone’s enthusiasm and support is infectious. This community further sells the Oliver + S brand!

Then there is the fabric. Shame on you Liesl! I want it all, yards and yards of it! 🙂

So thank you for the supportive community. Hubby drying thanks you for making my sewing more expensive.

Jenny

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Welcome to the herd. You will fit right in. 😀

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

it’s great place to be. 🙂

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Jenny, so nice to “meet” you! Thanks for your sweet words, and I’m glad you’re a part of our little community. There are many wonderful women here!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.