Oliver + S

How to lower bust dart?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    jumpingstitch @jumpingstitch

I want to start by saying how I love your patterns! The breezy blouse is my second garment, after sewing 3 Everyday skirts!

So I found the bust dart to be a little high, and I would like to lower it for my next blouse. My question is should I adjust the entire dart parallel downwards, or pivot the tip only? I hope my question is clear. I tried to Google for answers but found conflicting solutions.

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

There’s a tutorial on the site! https://oliverands.com/community/blog/2018/08/how-to-raise-or-lower-a-dart.html

I followed this when making a classic shirt, and it went smoothly. I went with the second method, which is shifting the whole dart down, but the tutorial covers both methods.

LINK

Thank you, seems like both methods are valid. I guess I don’t know how to decide. How should a dart rightfully look? If I do the first, then my dart will be more horizontal.

LINK

Update that I did the first method. Looks fine!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.