Oliver + S

Holiday Wear and Pajama linky party 2015

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Oliver and S have put up a linky party on their blog for all our holiday sewing.

2015 holiday wear and pajamas linky party

The blog post includes links to previous holiday sewing inspiration.
    The linky party will be open until Tuesday January 5th, 2016, 11:59pm ET. Sew up your Oliver and S pattern into holiday wear this year and add it to the party!
    Rachel asked someone to start this thread, so here it is 🙂

LINK

I’m looking forward to this challenge as pretty much all my sewing for the next 2 months will be Christmas gift sewing, including Anna’s coronation dress, a 6 year old designed dress and lots of other presents 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have a lot of Christmas sewing planned, whether I get there is another thing.
    Is it just me or does ‘linky party’ bug anyone else? Even my Macbook doesn’t want to type it.

Link up party, maybe?

LINK

My tablet wanted to change the “l”, in linky, to a “k”! 🙂

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Haha, Heidi, your tablet is so cheeky!

I confess that I feel unable, with all my grey hair, to say ‘linky party’ with a straight face. These internet catchphrases are a bit past my time, or should I say, past my timey-wimey, haha.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

But I love the idea of pyjamas and holiday wear, can’t wait to see all those adorable/gorgeous things everyone makes! What are people planning? I think I might go for red plaid/tartan (what’s the difference? I think somebody asked before) this year, and flannel pyjamas.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@with-love-heidi, what is your browser History? 😉
    Too funny.

I am thinking shorts with singlet tops as pjs @etc3 does it each year so well.

LINK
    Rachel Le Grand @nestfullofeggs

@with-love-heidi thanks so much for starting the thread.

I’m thinking/planning on a holiday dress with hand embroidery on the front yoke of the Hide-and-Seek Dress, but will I have enough time???

LINK
    Ock Du Spock @Ock Du Spock

Looking forward to seeing all the holiday clothes!! I have loads of Christmas sewing planned… need to sew up the size 5’s that are about to be outgrown!! no idea how much I’ll get to though 🙂

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Rachel, what else do you have on your plate? The Hide and Seek is a quick sew but yes, the hand embroidery can take a while. Do you have an elaborate plan? If the stitches are similar/repetitive I find it goes more quickly than something freeform.

Ock Du Spock, the Bubble dress is a quickie. In fact, now that I think about it, I might take a crack and recreating the plaid wool bubble of Marie Michelle’s that my daughter barely got to wear (ill-timed growth spurt).

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I am starting on two Christmas dresses today and then onto a matching art museum set for Caspian, I just love the vest with this pattern. I want to make the two middle boys an art museum set as well but I still need to pick out fabric for theirs. Any ideas on preteen holiday fabrics ladies?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

What are your boys like? More silly/playful? Or wanting to feel more grown up? In your cool climate I think a nice suiting weight wool would give a cozy feel.

http://www.moodfabrics.com/italian-wine-and-ivory-wool-blend-tweed-301018.html

How about something like that with some little wine-colored velvet buttons and a silk bow tie in a matching color? I always like jewel tones at Christmas. Doesn’t always have to be red/green. A blue and white Christmas can be very pretty.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi
    LINK

Thank you for those links Sarvi! Yes the three older boys are wanting a “grown up” look now. Makes me very sad to think that they have grown so.

Sarah’s dress is a deep purple color with pinks, tans and cream colors in it so we are going for a more non traditional colors. I love the idea of silk bow tie for all the three younger boys.

LINK

The duponi is devine as well!! Oh and the herringbone fabric is a must as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.