Oliver + S

Help with Puppet Show shorts pockets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I did something wrong but I can’t figure out what. When I folded over my binding to the wrong side of the pockets, it wasn’t long enough to a) cover my previous stitching, and b) allow me to edgestitch the bottom of the binding on the right side while catching the folded over binding part on the wrong side.

When I initially sewed my binding on, the best I could figure to do from the pictures was to align the part that I had not folded over and ironed, thus, the other raw edge, right-sides-together with the pocket, and then stitched. Did I do it upside down? Now my pockets are stitched together with an ugly line through the middle of the binding.

Sorry if this is confusing; I hope I’ve explained it well enough.

LINK
    Sarah_G @Sarah_G

I normally trim the top of the pocket to 1/4″ after attaching the binding with the 1/2″ seam. This step (not listed on the pattern) makes it much easier to fold the binding all the way over. Hope this helps.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Thanks – I should have thought to do that. I’ll remember for next time!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.