Oliver + S

Help with pleats on View A of Music Box Jumper!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

I have a question for the pleats on view A of the Music Box Jumper. I chose to do the tradition box pleat in the front, so all the pleats in the front on either side face the side seams. The instructions on the pattern are for the inverted pleat and it says in the back the pleats should face the center back opening. Would this be the same if you do the traditional box pleat in the front? Or would I have the pleats go toward the side seams like the front did? Thanks so much for any help!

LINK
    janimal @janimal

I followed the directions and make the back pleats face the center back opening – that actually makes them follow the same direction as the pleats in the front as the bodice surrounds the body – does that make sense? The pleats face out from the front box pleat all around the body that way.

LINK
    Anonymous @

Thanks so much! I ended up doing that too. I just assumed that since there were no special instructions that it would be the same either way. And before I basted the pleats down, I just held the back up to the front as if the side seams were already sewn to see how it would look. I’m loving this pattern! So simple and classic! Thanks for the help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.